- Travelers who cancel 1 week or more before 11:59 PM CST on the day of check-in are refunded their deposit less a USD $25 cancellation fee.
- Travelers who cancel less than 1 week before 11:59 PM CST on the day of check-in are charged 50% of the booking amount.
- Travelers who cancel less than 48 hours before 11:59 PM CST on the day of check-in are charged 100% of the booking amount.
*NO Pet Policy:
NO PETS ALLOWED AT THE INN. If you choose to bring a pet to the Comal Inn, you will be charged $250 and asked to leave the property. No refund for unused nights will be issued.
*NO Smoking or Vaping Policy:
SMOKING OR VAPING IS NOT PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON COMAL INN PROPERTY! This includes in the room, on the porches/patios, garden area, or in the parking lot. THIS IS A SMOKE-FREE ESTABLISHMENT AS ORDERED BY THE CITY OF NEW BRAUNFELS AND THE COMAL INN. If you choose to smoke on Comal Inn property, you will be charged a minimum cleaning fee of $200 and asked to leave the property. No refund for unused nights will be issued.
*The Comal Inn is located in a quiet residential neighborhood. OUT OF RESPECT FOR ALL OUR GUESTS AND OUR NEIGHBORS, KEEP THE NOISE LEVEL TO A MINIMUM BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9:00 PM AND 9:00 AM. The Comal Inn is not a “PARTY” place. Loud unruly guests will be asked to leave the property and no refund for unused nights will be issued. We do not allow Bachelorette or Bachelor parties on property.
• Guests will be liable for any loss, damage, or personal injury they may cause to or at the Comal Inn. The Comal Inn reserves the right to charge the credit card on file for any unpaid balances or fees.
*The reservation holder is responsible for the room/s or cottage/s that their reservation is under and also responsible for the guests staying with them. This includes damages, actions, and following our “Rental Agreement” and all our Rules and Policies. No exceptions.
*MUST BE 25 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO RENT AND MUST BE PRESENT AT THE COMAL INN DURING YOUR STAY.
• EACH ROOM/COTTAGE WILL ACCOMMODATE A MAXIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS. THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS IN EACH ROOM/COTTAGE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. Extra guests will be asked to leave the property, unless PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS have been made and PRIOR PERMISSION has been given.
• We do not charge a cleaning fee for the individual small rooms, although if the room is left exceptionally dirty or damaged, then WE WILL CHARGE the reservation holder A CLEANING FEE and/or replacement fee accordingly.
*We charge a $100 one-time basic cleaning fee for the Texas Cottage and $50 for the Texas Room when you make your reservation. Although, if the Texas Cottage/Room is left exceptionally dirty or damaged, we have the right to charge the reservation holder an additional cleaning fee and/or replacement fee accordingly.
• LIMITED PARKING in our parking lot and it is reserved for Comal Inn guests only. If you have friends visiting you during your stay, they will need to park along the street (on the Comal Inn side). Parking across the street is permit parking only and you will get a ticket if you park there! We cannot accommodate boat and trailer parking.
Each cottage/room is allotted a certain number of parking permits for vehicles to park in our parking lot. Texas Cottage – 2 parking permits, Cypress, Mountain Laurel & Juniper Rooms – 1 parking permit each. Any vehicles without parking permits need to park on the street on the Comal Inn side to avoid having your vehicle towed. YOUR PARKING PERMIT MUST BE DISPLAYED ON THE DASHBOARD OF YOUR VEHICLE DURING YOUR STAY. IF NOT DISPLAYED YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE TOWED.
• NO ON-SITE DINING FACILITY at the Comal Inn. An “In-Room” breakfast will be provided and will consist of a tray of assorted breakfast pastries from Naegelin’s Bakery (the historic downtown bakery), assorted seasonal fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, milk, orange juice, coffee, and bottled water.
• We respect the privacy of all our guests, so we will not enter your room to provide daily maid service. We have found most of our guests prefer that their rooms not be disturbed during their stay. If you need additional towels, linens, etc., please let us know and we will be happy to bring you more. If you need to get rid of your trash, please put the trash bag out side your door and we will collect it and dispose of it. Additional trash bags can be found in the bottom of your trashcan or under the sink.
WE DO NOT HAVE A CHECK-IN DESK OR LOBBY. CHECK-IN IS AT 3:00 PM.
On the day of your reservation, we will send you an automated text message (between 2:00 – 3:00 pm) with a key code access number to your room/cottage. Upon arrival, enter through the driveway and you will find parking and your room. You may go directly to your room/cottage. Each room is “named” and marked with a sign by the door. Enter the 4 numbers that were sent to you via text message into the keypad on the door and turn the deadbolt.
Check out time is 11:00 a.m. Please turn off the lights, turn the A/C or Heater to a conservative temperature, and lock the door. Please put the ”check-out” card on the clip outside your door when you leave.
*Directions to the Comal Inn:
Traveling south on IH 35, take Exit 187 (also known as Seguin Ave. – Lake McQueeney Exit). Turn right and drive toward downtown New Braunfels. At the traffic light at the intersection of Seguin Ave. and Garden St., turn right on Garden Street. Drive to the next stop sign and turn right on Comal Avenue. The Comal Inn is the second property on the right (424 Comal Avenue).
*Thank You for Staying:
Please let us know if we can help in any way. We live on property in the historic New Braunfels Cottage. We look forward to meeting you! We hope you enjoy your stay at the Comal Inn and your visit to New Braunfels!
Julie & Brent
The Comal Inn
424 Comal Ave.
New Braunfels, TX 78130
We are 1 block from the New Braunfels Civic/Convention Center
What are your nightly rates?
Individual private room pricing varies depending on the season and day of the week.
Texas Cottage pricing varies depending on the season and day of the week.
Please visit our reservations page for availability and pricing.
How far are you from Gruene, TX?
We are 3.4 miles to Gruene Hall, a short 10 minute drive by car.
How far are you located from the Comal River?
We are located across the street from the Comal River. Across the street, there is a public entrance and exit to the river.