*Reservations & Payment:
Reservations will be confirmed upon receipt of the first nights rent or 50% of the total, whichever is greater. The final balance will be charged on day of arrival. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Reservation holders must provide at least 7 days notice of cancellation before the confirmed arrival date. If reservations are cancelled less than 8 days prior to the confirmed arrival date, the entire deposit is non-refundable. If reservations are cancelled more than 7 days prior to the confirmed arrival date, the deposit will be refunded, less a $25.00 processing fee charged for each cottage or room.
*NO Pet Policy:
NO PETS ALLOWED AT THE INN. If you choose to bring a pet to the Comal Inn, you will be asked to leave the property. No refund for unused nights will be issued.
*NO Smoking Policy:
SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON COMAL INN PROPERTY! This includes in the room, on the porches/patios, garden area, or in the parking lot. THIS IS A SMOKE-FREE ESTABLISHMENT AS ORDERED BY THE CITY OF NEW BRAUNFELS. If you choose to smoke on Comal Inn property, you will be charged a minimum cleaning fee of $200 and/or asked to leave the property. No refund for unused nights will be issued.
- Guests will be liable for any loss, damage, or personal injury they may cause to or at the Comal Inn. The Comal Inn reserves the right to charge the credit card on file for any unpaid balances or fees.
- The Comal Inn is located in a quiet residential neighborhood. OUT OF RESPECT FOR ALL OUR GUESTS AND OUR NEIGHBORS, KEEP THE NOISE LEVEL TO A MINIMUM BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9:00 PM AND 9:00 AM. The Comal Inn is not a “party” place.
- MUST BE 25 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO RENT AND MUST BE PRESENT AT THE COMAL INN DURING YOUR STAY.
- EACH ROOM/COTTAGE WILL ACCOMMODATE A MAXIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS. THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS IN EACH ROOM/COTTAGE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. Extra guests will be asked to leave the property, unless PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS have been made and PRIOR PERMISSION has been given.
- We do not charge a cleaning fee for the individual small rooms, but if the room is left exceptionally dirty, then WE WILL CHARGE YOU A $75 CLEANING FEE.
- We have limited parking in our parking lot and it is reserved for Comal Inn guests only. If you have friends visiting you during your stay, they will need to park along the street (on the Comal Inn side). Parking across the street is permit parking only and you will get a ticket if you park there! We cannot accommodate boat & trailer parking.
- There is NO ON-SITE DINING FACILITY. An “In-Room” breakfast will be provided and will consist of a tray of assorted breakfast pastries from Naegelin’s Bakery (the historic downtown bakery), assorted seasonal fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, milk, orange juice, coffee, and bottled water.
- We respect the privacy of all our guests, so we will not enter your room to provide daily maid service. We have found most of our guests prefer that their rooms not be disturbed during their stay. If you need additional towels, linens, etc., please let us know and we will be happy to bring you more. If you need to get rid of your trash, please put the trash bag out side your door and we will collect it and dispose of it. Additional trash bags can be found in the bottom of your trashcan or under the sink.
WE DO NOT HAVE A CHECK-IN DESK OR LOBBY.
On the morning of your reservation date, we will send you a text message with a key code access number to your room/cottage.
Upon arrival, enter through the driveway and you will find parking and your room. Go directly to your room/cottage. Each room is “named” and marked with a sign by the door. Enter the 4 numbers that were sent to you via text message into the key pad on the door and turn the deadbolt.
Check out time is 11:00 a.m. Please turn off the lights, turn the A/C or Heater to a conservative temperature, and lock the door. Please put the “check-out” card on the clip outside your door when you leave.
Directions to the Comal Inn:
Traveling south on IH 35, take Exit 187 (also known as Seguin Ave. – Lake McQueeney Exit). Turn right and drive toward downtown New Braunfels. At the traffic light at the intersection of Seguin Ave. and Garden St., turn right on Garden Street. Drive to the next stop sign and turn right on Comal Avenue. The Comal Inn is the second property on the right (424 Comal Avenue).
Thank You for staying:
Please let us know if we can help in any way. We live on property in the historic New Braunfels Cottage. We look forward to meeting you! We hope you enjoy your stay at the Comal Inn and your visit to New Braunfels!
424 Comal Ave.
New Braunfels, TX 78130
We are 1 block from the New Braunfels Civic/Convention Center
What are your nightly rates?
Individual private room pricing varies depending on the season and day of the week.
Texas Cottage pricing varies depending on the season and day of the week.
Please visit our reservations page for availability and pricing.
How far are you from Gruene, TX?
We are 3.4 miles to Gruene Hall, a short 10 minute drive by car.
How far are you located from the Comal River?
We are located across the street from the Comal River. Across the street, there is a public entrance and exit to the river.