Not available at this time.
New Braunfels Cottage
The New Braunfels Cottage is not available at this time. Julie and Brent, owners of the Comal Inn, are living full time in the cottage.
The New Braunfels Cottage was built in 1872 by one of New Braunfels’ first settlers, Heinrich Voelcker. Two of Voelcker’s children, Annie and Marie were born in the New Braunfels Cottage.
One of the most interesting and historical features of the New Braunfels Cottage is the original fachwerk which has been carefully exposed in the dining and sitting rooms. Fachwerk, or half-timber construction, is of German origin where German pioneers joined timbers with a mortise and tenon technique. Clay and bricks were then placed between the upright wood timbers – you can actually see the numbering scheme on each of the timbers.
The New Braunfels Cottage features two gathering areas: a living room and a sitting room. Additionally, the cottage also has a separate dining room and a fully equipped kitchen.
The New Braunfels cottage has 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. One bedroom has a king size bed, and the second bedroom has a queen size bed. Both beds are complemented with soft cotton sheets and down comforters. Each bedroom has its own private bathroom. Also, the cottage has 2 queen sofa sleepers, one in the sitting room and one in the living room. The cottage sleeps up to 8 guests.
Breakfast – 1st morning only, an assortment of breakfast pastries from the Historic Naegelin’s Bakery, fresh fruit, yogurt, orange juice, coffee and bottled water.
A two-night minimum stay is required on weekends during the months of June, July, and August. A three-night minimum stay is required over Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day holidays.
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Full Size Refrigerator/Freezer
Coffee maker, cups, & condiments provided
Central A/C & Heat with thermostat
Iron & Board
Flat Screen TV
Private covered porch with ceiling fan
Shared garden area
Access to propane BBQ grill